- Sowerby Angling Society. Please contact us through our contact page.
- Thirsk Angling Club has unfortunately had to disband (Dec 2013). The waters above New Bridge (near the library) upstream to Norby weir are free fishing.
- Information about the village of Sowerby
- Sowerby Village Parish
- Sowerby Now a local magazine.
- Local Pubs and accomodation.
Crown and Anchor
Oswalds Restaurant and Rooms
- Thirsk Tourist Information
- Thirsk and Sowerby, North Yorkshire host a comprehensive site with masses of information about the area.
- Wikipedia entry on Cod Beck
The Society is a member of the Angling Trust, the representative body for game, coarse and sea anglers in England. We are also life members of the Wild Trout Trust.
A conservation charity that focuses on practical work to improve
habitat for trout across the UK and Ireland.
The Environment Agency.
Click here for Online Licence Renewals.